Wednesday, September 20, 2006

My executive director came in on Monday and told me that she resigned. Tears. Shock. I have been dealing with the anxiety of work w/o her for the past three days. I know that I posted recently that I was ready for change, and I guess I am getting tested on that one. I am happy for my exdir. because she deserves the wonderful opportunity she is leaving to take. I am happy for myself when I think about being liberated to find and even better job.
My director and I have been working as a team for the past year. Same office. same projects, and really a unified front against the world. She wants to help me relocate and I am glad for her encouragement and support. But what if I have to stay for awhile, I don't find the right thing? And I am left alone with fools I do not respect? I am scared by that.
I want to thank my boss for being a mentor this last year and teaching me so much! I would really like to be powerful inside myself like she is one day.
I want to thank the Universe for making me stop living in the comfort zone and pushing me out to an even more fabulous place.
I want to thank my family for being my comfort and solace. Oh what would I do?

Please send positive thoughts to help me sleep tonight. I have a big and emotional day tomorrow. Thanks!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Martha, who else can overcome challenges, stand strong against the turbulent winds of the world, and remain focused like you can? I challenge you to name 1 person. Or, let's say 1000, to make it fun.


Mark

missmartha said...

Thanks Mark! Did Allen tell you the good news? See you soon, maybe...

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
studies have been conducted recently about my generation as a generation of narcissists...this blog is part of that phenomenon :)