Monday, March 12, 2007

Orchid Thief/Locked out

"...the sheer bigness of the world made me feel lonely to the bone. The world is so huge that people are always getting lost in it. There are too many ideas and things and people, too many directions to go. I was starting to believe that the reason it matters to care passionately about something is that it whittles the world down to a more manageable size. It makes the world seem not huge and empty but full of possibility."
~Susan Orleans

Yesterday I went to repot my peace lily in the garage and locked myself out of the house. Not only did I not have my car keys, my cell phone or my wallet, but I quickly came to realize that even with those things I would have been at a loss for what to do. I just haven't built the type of community yet that I need for those terrible: I'm an idiot-I locked myself out of my house-moments. I need to do the things that will make me have a spare key person, or a good neighborly relation or that go-to friend in the area. I am thankful to all who have showed me love since I arrived in November and looking forward to a true community base here. It takes time and also effort on my part. I need to get out of hibernation mode, and I guess spring is a good time to do it!

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
studies have been conducted recently about my generation as a generation of narcissists...this blog is part of that phenomenon :)