Sunday, May 06, 2007

buda - pest!

Oh, I feel lucky. When my colleague said that she was 'solar-powered' as the sun touched her face in Hungary, I had to agree. Was budapest so magical, or was I just happy to be out in the sun and not at my desk? I got to go to the hungarian public baths, where I felt more relaxed than ever (even after an hour-long massage). New I. friend Gergely took me from bath to pool to sauna to steam in the building and outdoors. With my ex-Yugi friends I did something that I haven't done in a good while: danced until 4.30 in the morning - a great evening. I had 1.5 days to just walk around the city and take it in. I was reminded of great times in Paris throughout, especially evening boatride on the Danube, going to the castle district to get a celestial view of the rest of the city and definitely while partaking in cafe culture. I feel very blessed to be in my job. There were many challenges during the trip as well, culminating in humble pie and growth. It was worth it.

I hope to have some pictures to share soon...

2 comments:

Heather said...

Yay! Sounds awesome! Can't wait for pictures! :-)

Katieelaine said...

I'm glad to hear it went so well! I'm so happy for you! I want to call you as soon as I get my cell phone charger back (it may be a few weeks yet)

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
studies have been conducted recently about my generation as a generation of narcissists...this blog is part of that phenomenon :)