Saturday, June 16, 2007

Here we are pre-race feeling confident about the cardboard boat that we created for the Rotary BoatFloat competion:
These 'commuters' took the DC metro north to attend an annual event in Columbia which raises money for Rotary-supported causes. Teams come together to race boats made of cardboard. The only way I have been able to describe this event is Stars Hollow-esque.

Unfortunately, after a lot of work in designing the boat to look like a DC metro car, we found out that it really did not support three passengers! Please visit our website for photos and a video of my teammates flipping. The most impressive boat was a 10-seater Viking vessel. It was huge, entitled "the Pillage People" and floated very well.

You can also visit the official boat float site for pitures of years past to get a good taste of the sillyness. Columbia is out there.

Other recent events: poker night at my house was great, concidering that I won at the high-rollers table! I get such joy from entertaining at my house and am looking forward to a bbq this summer.

I went to Annapolis twice for work this week, my first visit to the state capitol. If you come to visit me, we can go there! It is a precious town with many historically preserved buildings, the country's oldest state building still in use, sweet boutiques and lots of nautical flair from the waterfront location and Naval academy.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Ohmygosh! The town that I live in does a cardboard boat regatta, too! I'd never heard about it until moving here! It's so crazy and SO much fun to watch! Awesome that you participated in one! Woo hoo! :-)

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
studies have been conducted recently about my generation as a generation of narcissists...this blog is part of that phenomenon :)