Thursday, October 25, 2007

1yr anniv.

Next week will mark my 1 year anniversary of moving to Maryland from Chicago. I remember driving here with my dad and the exhaustion of moving everything up to my 4th floor room knowing that I had to start my new job the next day. When I woke up on the couch the next morning (dad was sleeping on my mattress in my room, the bed wasn't put together yet), I remember looking out of the LARGE window in my living room and seeing the STUNNING fall colors right there. It looked like a scenery backdrop and was such a peaceful shift from living on a busy city street. I thought "I am going to like it here, this is going to be good for me". I then went to work and met my best friend in the area, my co-worker LB who was starting the same day. I then went and bought a car (exhausting) and put my bed together with help from my dad. The next morning, my dad left and here I am one year later. Today MCampout asked me if I was still happy that I moved here. I am. It is hard to imagine what my life would have been like if I had stayed in Chicago. I do think that I would have been less lonely. On the other hand, I've had a chance here to take solitude and use it to create my own self-indulgent rituals.

If you have something to get out of your system, go and see Things We Lost in the Fire.

2 comments:

SarahA said...

I can't believe it's been that long. I still miss you but I also still agree with your decision to leave. Sometimes friends have to go to become who they are meant to be.

missmartha said...

Love you miss you.

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
studies have been conducted recently about my generation as a generation of narcissists...this blog is part of that phenomenon :)