Tuesday, September 30, 2008

may my heart always be open


In a week where my peace was disturbed by hurtful, vindictive treatment from someone I had tried to offer all consideration, I've felt low and gloomy, also insecure and paranoid. At the same time, I received little messages from some who love me to remind me that I AM LOVED...

A link to a photo gallery of a very special girls-weekend...

A letter from LBM sending love and calling me to return to best local girlfriend status...

and this sweet poem from May...

may my heart always be open to little
birds who are the secrets of living
whatever they sing is better than to know
and if men should not hear them men are old

may my mind stroll about hungry
and fearless and thirsty and supple
and even if it's sunday may i be wrong
for whenever men are right they are not young

and may myself do nothing usefully
and love yourself so more than truly
there's never been quite such a fool who could fail
pulling all the sky over him with one smile

--ee cummings

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
studies have been conducted recently about my generation as a generation of narcissists...this blog is part of that phenomenon :)