Thursday, November 06, 2008

CHANGE WE NEED



I felt additional emotion today at the SWE (Society of Women Engineers) conference that I attended. The Harlem Gospel Choir performed in a plenary session and the tone was quite celebratory. In a room full of thousands of female engineers and engineers-to-be we sang and celebrated the historical moment. When the choir sang "Respect", I was filled with pride at being a female and an American. Having such an educated and just leader that respects women's rights and does not use tokenism to sway the vote is so much more rewarding than having a woman president or VP just to say it has been achieved. YES WE CAN!

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
studies have been conducted recently about my generation as a generation of narcissists...this blog is part of that phenomenon :)