Vegas Thanksgiving meal was the best I can remember! We had 13 guests at the condo and cooked up a storm. Both of my contributions were from everyday food and were first-time attempts for me. I must say I was very pleased with both and got lots of praise. Enjoy ~
roasted beet salad with blue cheese and nuts
Serves 4 (I doubled the recipe for TG)
- 4 medium beets (1 1/2 pounds total), trimmed and unpeeled
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/4 cup toasted walnut pieces
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Individually wrap 4 medium beets (1 1/2 pounds total), trimmed and unpeeled, in foil. Place on a baking sheet and roast until tender when pierced with a paring knife, 45 to 60 minutes. Let cool. Rub beets with paper towels to remove skins and cut into small wedges.
- Whisk together 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, 1 tablespoon white vinegar, and 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard; season with coarse salt and ground pepper and stir in 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley. Toss beets with dressing. Serve topped with 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese and 1/4 cup toasted walnut pieces.