Saturday, December 05, 2009

Thankgiving yummies



















Vegas Thanksgiving meal was the best I can remember! We had 13 guests at the condo and cooked up a storm. Both of my contributions were from everyday food and were first-time attempts for me. I must say I was very pleased with both and got lots of praise. Enjoy ~

roasted beet salad with blue cheese and nuts

Serves 4 (I doubled the recipe for TG)

  • 4 medium beets (1 1/2 pounds total), trimmed and unpeeled
  • 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
  • 1 tablespoon white vinegar
  • 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
  • Coarse salt and ground pepper
  • 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
  • 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
  • 1/4 cup toasted walnut pieces

Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Individually wrap 4 medium beets (1 1/2 pounds total), trimmed and unpeeled, in foil. Place on a baking sheet and roast until tender when pierced with a paring knife, 45 to 60 minutes. Let cool. Rub beets with paper towels to remove skins and cut into small wedges.
  2. Whisk together 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, 1 tablespoon white vinegar, and 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard; season with coarse salt and ground pepper and stir in 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley. Toss beets with dressing. Serve topped with 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese and 1/4 cup toasted walnut pieces.

sweet potato and chipotle soup

Someone already blogged all about this, so I am gonna be lazy and send you here. I even stole a picture from the site (cute site, by the way).

1 comment:

Bahia Q Muriello said...

Martha's beet salad was THE hit of Thanksgiving dinner. Highly recommended!

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
studies have been conducted recently about my generation as a generation of narcissists...this blog is part of that phenomenon :)